We love our planet and aim to minimise our environmental impact where possible. Our aim is to keep our products out of landfill and you can join us in reducing your environmental impact too.
- The paper peel off liner from our tapes is all recyclable. This is a shiny paper and can go in with your magazines and other shiny paper. As with all small paper, please put it inside a paper bag rather than loose in your recycling bin because it’s harder to sort when loose.
- At this stage the tapes do not appear to be recyclable. We are looking for more environmentally aware products that can be used on our hoops such as those made with bamboo adhesive.
- The cardboard and plastic cores from the tapes we use when making our hula hoops are collected and sent to a local school and kindergarten for arts and crafts. You can do the same once you finish your tape rolls or they can be upcycled or recycled.
- The bubble wrap we use is locally sourced second-hand bubble wrap. We love that we collaborate with other businesses to re-use their bubble wrap rather than them sending it to landfill. Please reuse the bubble wrap again too or give it to another person or business who can use it.
- As some of our products are imported, we use air freight. Where possible we buy carbon offsets. We also have a large bushland property and plant numerous seedlings each year to help offset our carbon consumption.
- Air travel is carbon offset and we work hard to minimise the need for it.
- We use 100% recycled paper products in our office and ensure the printer cartridges are used until the very end and then return them for recycling through Cartridges 4 Planet Ark.
- All scrap bubble wrap (and other soft plastics) are taken to the REDcycle bin at our local supermarket. This program takes all soft plastics (those you can scrunch) and many supermarkets across Australia participate. Please drop all of our bubble wrap and satchels into these REDcycle containers (along with all your other soft plastics of course).
- You can recycle or reuse all the paper invoices and bubble wrap that are used in our deliveries.
General info about recycling
Head to Planet Ark for information on recycling or to delve deeper into sustainability.